Over twenty years ago, I began to transform, guide and encourage people to live their lives in victory with Christ. Encouraging individuals to know who they are as a son or daughter of the King. I am a speaker that transforms relationship building through purposeful communication, healthy boundaries and identity awareness in Christ.
I believe the same as the church I attend in Colorado Springs.
We believe there is one God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ — His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His reconciling death for all people, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to heaven, and His return in power and glory.
- We believe the Bible is without error and the authority for all we believe and practice.
- We believe salvation is by the grace of God, apart from any personal merit, and is the common need of all people, who have sinned and fallen short of God’s standards. Salvation is through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe the appropriate response of faith to the grace of God is that we repent of sin, confess Christ as Lord, are baptized (immersed) in His Name, and continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Whose indwelling presence empowers and directs the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection from the dead, with believers inheriting eternal life with Christ and unbelievers facing judgment.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Lordship of Christ
Jesus didn’t come to be just a part of our lives. He came to be King of our lives! To confess Him as Lord means we declare that we, and everything about us, belongs to Him. Lord mans “owner.” This is the starting point and the essential key to our walk with Him.
“But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord.” (1 Peter 3:15)
“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13)
The defining mark of a follower of Jesus is an increasing love for people, starting in ones own family and extending to very difficult people. Relationships are filled with grace that comes from God in the midst of the rub and grind of life. Love does not come naturally. It flows supernaturally from a thriving relationship with Christ. The same kind of love He has for us begins to take hold of our hearts.
“Let us love one another, for love comes from God.” (1 John 4:7)
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” (Ephesians 5:15)
LIVING the Word
The Bible is a book to study, but more importantly, to live out. It provides the necessary guidance we need to live productively and happily. Although the Bible is a compilation of many books written by different authors over a period of hundreds of years, it is amazingly penetrating and practical.
“Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” (Matthew 7:24)
“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” (James 1:22)
LEGACY of Service
The mark of maturity is offering oneself as a servant to others. This is what Jesus modeled for us, and then commanded us to follow. We become his representatives to touch the hurting and teach the uninformed. We love to see families serving the Lord together!
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” (1 Peter 4:10)
“But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15)
My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11 New International Version
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
I have been a member of Pikes Peak Christian Church since 2007.
I accepted Christ as my savior in April 1982 at Post Oak Baptist Church, Ozark, AL on Easter morning.
I was baptized in a creek in 1989 with the precious people of Asbury United Methodist Church in Skipperville, AL.